Celebrate Ice Cream month with these funny facts
So July is celebrated as ice cream month in the USA but when it comes to ice cream, we all can celebrate it all year long, can’t we! Well, let’s find out some amazing mind boggling facts about one of our favourite desserts…
- Chocolate ice cream was invented before vanilla. Actually, vanilla was rare and exotic in the late 1700’s!
- Before milk based ice creams were introduced in the 10th century, this summer treat was indeed made from ice.
- Ice cream recipe came to North America 250 years after it was discovered by Christopher Columbus.
- Industrial production of ice cream began in 1851 in Boston, United States.
- Ice cream cones were invented during the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis, when large demand, forced ice cream vendors to find help from nearby waffle vendors.
- The first written ice cream recipe was found in a 1665 recipe book.
- The Spread of American made ice cream for military troops during World War II was a moment when the entire world accepted ice cream as a perfect summer-time treat.
- End of World War II was celebrated by eating ice cream.
- Ice cream headaches or “brain freeze” is the result of the nerve endings in the roof of your mouth sending a message to your brain of the loss of heat.
- It takes 12 pounds of milk to produce just 1 gallon of ice cream. The average number of licks to finish a scoop of ice cream is 50!