Few New Year resolutions to keep in mind
We couldn’t be happier that 2020 is over. After all, the year brought so many calamities all over the world, the Covid 19 virus being one of them. But the pandemic also taught us a few valuable lessons, many of which we should remember for the rest of our lives. As we step into the New Year, let’s keep in mind the teachings of the gone year and try to make the new one a better year. And here are a few tips on how to ring in the New Year with parent-children resolutions (yes, together!).
- Go offline too. Yes, 2020 was all about work from home and online classes but the internet too needs a break. And so do you. Make it a habit in the New Year to go offline once in a while, every day.
- Continue to invest in that family time. The one thing we learnt from the past year is the importance of people and family. Don’t keep away your board games and imagination hats, make a point to use them at a particular interval. Maybe assign a day or a weekend for the mandatory family time. And let the fun continue.
- Play, work, play. Repeat. Yes, you read it right. Play twice as much as you work. Work and studies are good, but we all know how our body and mind need that break. And let’s accept it, playing is as much as work for kids as is real work.
- Meditation and yoga are never a passé. On the contrary, they are a must-do now that we all know what a wonder they are! Meditation helped us to keep calm during those tumultuous pandemic times, and yoga was an amazing companion to our body. So why should we let them go?
- Make room for cleanliness. We all know the famous saying that Cleanliness is Godliness, and nothing more could have taught this better than the pandemic. Washing our hands religiously, keeping the house clean, maintaining personal hygiene… we understood the importance of being clean a bit harder way but it’s always good to learn something no? So let’s stick to the clean mode, not just at home it also outside.
- Eat healthier and a bit more. The homemade food was all the rage last year. Not only we cooked some junk food at home but also learned how to cook it in a healthier way. Right from those organic banana breads to cauliflower pizzas, we all understood that the only way to eat is the healthy way. So let’s continue to eat healthy and while we ate at it, let’s also continue to go for walks, keep exercising and stay fit.