Take a look at the world’s largest stadium, in India!
India would soon boast of having the world’s largest cricket stadium.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) revealed the first look of the new Motera Stadium, also known as Sardar Patel Stadium, which is situated in Gujarat, stating that it will be the world’s largest cricket stadium, beating out Australia’s iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MGC).
Here are a few facts about the stadium…
1.The Motera Stadium is situated in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and is the largest cricket stadium ever built in the world.
2. The stadium was originally named as the Gujarat Stadium, but was later changed to Sardar Patel Stadium as a tribute to the legendary freedom fighter. The stadium is also known as the Motera Stadium.
3. The stadium hosted its first ODI in 1984. The reconstruction of the stadium was recently proposed by the Gujarat government.
4.The renovated stadium will most likely be inaugurated on February 24, 2020.
5. The overall renovation of the Motera Stadium cost around Rs7 billion.
6. BCCI said that the Motera Stadium will have a seating capacity of 1,10,00, which beats out MGC’s seating capacity of 90,000.
7. The stadium is likely to host an exhibition match between Asia XI and World XI later this year.
8. US President Donald Trump will inaugurate the Motera Stadium during his visit to Gujarat. And ‘Namaste Trump’ function may take place here.